City wayfinding offers everyone a clear and understandable representation of the city, allowing them to orientate and navigate intuitively and effectively. It allows them to see the best a city has to offer and understand local context. Quite simply, expert wayfinding makes the city ‘legible’.
Benefits of a good city wayfinding system:
- Promotes walking as the primary transport mode
- Improves connectivity between public spaces and public transport
- Reduces congestion by encouraging sustainable active travel
- Inspires exploration and increases footfall
- Publicises improvements to the public realm and transport infrastructure