T-Kartor USA is an international Cartographic company, and over the past three years along with our partners we have developed a comprehensive City Wayfnding system for the City of New York. This can be seen on-street at CitiBike bike-share stations and appears at numerous pedestrian wayfndingand transit locations across the city. We are also developing similar systems in Toronto and at severalother East Coast locations.
To help us manage the rapid expansion of these systems, T-Kartor USA has a full-time employment opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join the Smart Cities team in our Brooklyn studio.
The Graphic Designer will be working with database extracts from a Geographic Information System (GIS) and is primarily responsible for creating fnished map artworks for print. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of cartographic standards and typography and an excellent eye for layout and graphic balance. A strong command of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is essential and will be tested. Experience in large-scale, semi-repetitive artwork production is a bonus, whilst candidates must be highly adaptable and able to quickly learn and apply established sets of graphic and cartographic standards. This is a relatively junior level position which ofers potential for professional development and growth and future involvement in graphic design and product development.
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to quickly flter information.
- Strong knowledge of the elements and principals of graphic design and typography and cartographic standards.
- Ability to reliably produce high-quality work in a large-scale, semi repetitive artwork production setting, under tight production schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to rapidly get a strong command of multiple sets of graphic rules and project specifc standards.
- Flexibility to occasionally work irregular schedules (eg: some late/early shifts, night or weekends) to ft project needs, and interface with colleagues and customers in multiple globallocations and timezones.
- Strong communication and personal organisational skills with the ability to take initiative and deal with rapidly changing priorities.
- Understanding of the principles of Database-driven work and GIS environments
- Proven skill or experience working with MAPublisher, AutoCAD and/or ESRI ArcMap
- Verifable skills of proof-reading cartographic or other complex graphic products
- Detailed knowledge of New York City and/or Toronto would be advantageous
T-Kartor USA ofer benefts including medical and dental insurance, a 401k plan, 120 hours of annual PTO and fairly fexible working hours. This is a fulltime position, with an hourly pay rate of between $23-$25 in line with experience.
All applicants must have the existing legal right to work in the USA. T-Kartor USA are an equal opportunity employer. No agencies, please. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please send resumé and portfolio to NYCjobs@t-kartorusa.com by 6pm on Friday January 16, 2015.